Thursday, April 10, 2008

3am

Jaden has lost almost all his hair now... he is kinda self conscious about it. We are telling him we love him just the way he is! I think hats will be a good thing for Jaden!

Tonight Jaden made me cry. He said to Greg and I, "Do you see me over here, I am dying... your son is dying! I am going to die...Can you hold me?"

Jaden is very matter of fact about things... part of the Autism. Just plain and to the point! But, man... does that hit hard for us! We kiss, hug, hold him as much as we can!! I think he just felt alone, maybe it was something in the movie we were watching... it was just the way he said it... not sarcastic or mean... just like this is a fact... "I am dying...can you hold me"... I couldn't hardly hold back the tears!!!

Greg went over and kissed his hands... and told him we were right here for him always! It is hard to read Jaden, but we assume he is scared and try to assure him as much as we can... it is hard to do when we don't know ourselves what is going to happen.

It is 3:34am... we are waiting to see if Jaden's fever goes from 99.5 to 100.5. If it does, we are back at the hospital this morning. I dread it...

Keep praying for Jaden!! Thank you for all you do for us... we really appreciate it!!
love in Christ
Heather

1 comment:

The Santimaw's said...

Having been there, I know those feelings you both have except Isaac couldn't say that. Embrace every moment and hold onto Jaden as much as you can. I know that both of you are. We constantly pray for you all and for Jaden's strength. We love you all so much.

Lori for Joe, Christian, Aaron, and Nathan