Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Don't take a minute for granted!!!

A section from a letter to one of my friends:

I still can't believe this is happening to us, it really seems surreal to this day. He looks so pail and sickly now. I took him to wal-mart yesterday... I had to get some medication on the way home from the hospital. I look at him all the time, so he doesn't "different" to me anymore. However, everyone was staring at him...I forgot how bad he really looks. It was sad... I started to cry in the store. It just hit me... I live with it every day...but I don't mentally deal with it every day. We just except it, and do what we need to do to keep Jaden on a path to remission. Anyway, it was just hard to deal with... it comes in waves. One time I was fine... then I looked at a photo of him when he was 4. He looked so healthy, and pink cheeked... I started crying then. Often we take for granted how healthy our children are...until they are not anymore. I pray that I never take anything for granted again!!

Hug your kids today!!!

Love in Christ
Heath

1 comment:

The Santimaw's said...

We love you all and continually praying for you. May the Lord continue to give you the strength that you need day by day to make it through this trial in your life. Keep your eyes on Jesus and He will provide for all your needs. Hugs and Kisses to your kids!!!

Love,
Lori